Parent Ram Reminder
Parent Ram Reminder
Iber Holmes Gove Middle School
Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow!
Announcements: Click here for upcoming important dates and activities!
All Students must go home on their buses unless they have practice at 3:00. If there practice is not right after school, they may not be on school grounds until their practice time.
Intramural soccer for 5th and 6th graders will begin next week.
2nd Trimester Grades and Comments are up to date as of March 26
Tech Plan Committee Survey
The Technology Plan Committee has been hard at work reviewing the past technology plan. We are working on updating the plan for the 2018-19 thru 2023-24 school years. Part of the review process is to survey staff, students, and parents on their thoughts about technology in the school district. Below is a link to the parent survey.
If you would please complete this quick five-minute survey by April 5th, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, The Technology Plan Committee
IHGMS Theatre Troupe’s performances this weekend
Come see our performances of "The Carnival World of James Thurber," a story-telling theater production sponsored by F.E.A.T., this Friday, April 6th and Saturday, April 7th at 7:00 pm. On stage in the cafeteria at IHGMS. Tickets available at the door, cost is by donation.
Ryan’s Story Assembly
The Raymond School District is sponsoring assemblies for the high school, middle school and for families on Tuesday April 10th. We have sent home a letter to parents, Parent Letter, about the assembly, but you can learn more about Ryan’s Story at www.RyansStory.org The assembly for the parents will be on the 10th at 7:00pm at the high school. Flyer can be seen here.
SAVE THE DATE!! Thursday, April 12th
Thursday, April 12th, at 6:00pm there will be an information night for all 8th grade parents with a child attending
the Washington, DC trip. The class advisor, Tracey Norris, Principal Bickford, and Mrs. Gauthier, the
school nurse will be there to provide information and answer any and all questions.
Technology Fun night
Come join the fun on Friday, April 13th, from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Click here for more information. There will only be 20 seats available so sign up quickly!!
Teacher/Parent conferences April 18th
The 7th grade teachers, 8th grade teachers, and UA teachers will be holding conferences from 3:05 to 5:05pm.
The conferences will be held in 15 minute increments. The teachers will accept only scheduled visits, no walk-ins
will be taken. You must schedule your appointment by no later than April 17th. You may contact your child’s
teacher directly to schedule or call the front office at 895-3394. ONE EXCEPTION is Spanish. Mrs. Yaris will not be at the Middle School for parent teacher conferences on April 18th. If you would like to speak with her
regarding your child, you will need to do so at the High School. She will be available on Tuesday, May 1st from 2:40 - 5:10. You MUST sign up in advance by calling Ann Roman at the High School, 895-6616 Ext. 2302.
Principal’s Coffee Hour
The next coffee hour will take place on Thursday, April 19th at 9:00am
Parent Input Placement Forms
On March 28th, input placement forms were emailed home. These forms are due by April 20th. For a copy of the form, click here.
April Vacation - Apr. 23-27
YMCA April vacation camp
Students in Kindergarten through Fifth grade are welcome to attend this camp. Please click here to see the flyer.
Teacher/Parent conferences April 30th
The 5th grade and 6th grade teachers will be holding conferences from 3:05 to 5:05pm. The conferences will be held in 10 minute increments. The teachers will accept only scheduled visits, no walk-ins will be taken. You must schedule your appointment by no later than April 20th. You may contact your child’s teacher directly to schedule or call the front office at 895-3394.
News from IHGMS Parent Core Group
- Rafflemania was a smashing success -- we made over $5,000 to support our school!! See PCG Facebook page for pictures. Thank you to all our donors, volunteers, bakers, and especially the student volunteers (including those from the National Jr. Honor Society and the Student Council). Follow this link to see the winners and prizes. If you left before raffles were called, you can collect your prize in the Office.
- Healthy Breakfast during Testing Weeks. Like last year, the principals will be serving up a pancake and sausage breakfast for all students the first day of their state testing week. PCG is providing “continental breakfast” the rest of the testing days, and funding raffles for each grade for students who show good test-taking skills. Testing weeks are scheduled starting May 7th. If you would like to volunteer, even just one morning, from about 7:30-8:15am, please let us know. The kids appreciate it and it’s fun to help them get off to a good start on testing days. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- Spring Paint Night, Wednesday May 9th directly after school. Back by popular demand, with paint night instructor Ms. Tiffany Nye. Permission slips will be available in a couple weeks.
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Luncheon. Save the date, Thursday May 17th. We plan to use the signup genius for parents to let us know what they’d like to send in and if they can volunteer. It is always a wonderful chance to let the teachers and staff know how much the families appreciate all that they do. More information will be sent out in May.
- Eighth Grade Cookout will be scheduled right before the last day of school. We plan to host a cookout for the eighth graders and also support the “dunk tank” fundraiser with proceeds going to the Jeni Plender Scholarship Fund.
- Next Meeting … Monday May 7th, 6pm school office conference room … Bring your ideas, voice your concerns …
Parent Core Group meeting
The next Parent Core Group meeting will be on Monday, May 7th at 6:00 pm in the IHGMS conference room. The minutes to the meetings can be found here.
Save the Date! Monday, May 14th, The IHGMS Community Forum on the school district’s transition to competency based education will be held here in the cafeteria from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. More information to follow. What is Competency Based Education? - Read the article that is in the Principal’s Blog
Town of Raymond - Public notice for mosquito control
Please read the flyer for information from the town on mosquito control.
Raymond School District Monster Concerts
The 2018 Raymond School District Monster Concert - Instrumental and Choral featuring all three schools is now available at https://raymondtv.viebit.com/player.php?hash=djyd8dOqsGTB and
Raymond Round Tables -
Summer Enrichment Program for students completing grades 7, 8, & 9. Raymond Round Tables, our Raymond-based summer academic enrichment program, is back - with some exciting new changes. This is the link to the application.
April’s lunch menu
Please remember to save and send in your Box Tops to the front office in the Middle School!
New Secure Building Hours
We have extended the hours that the building remains locked with the primary entry being through the main entrance. The new secure building hours will be from 6:30 am - 3:30 pm. Everyone entering the building will be expected to use the main entrance during those hours.
Winter Spring 2018 Adult Education Classes - click here for more information
After School Activities and Clubs - Please see the Clubs and Programs Page under the Parent/Student tab of the school website for more info and permission forms or click here.
Join RCFY’s Youth Action
Youth Action Group meets on Wednesdays after school until 3:45. Click here for more info. Raymond Coalition for Youth community networking and resource meetings are the second Thursday of the month, 9:00 am - 10:30 am, Raymond Baptist Church meeting room, downstairs in main church. Parents, grandparents and community members welcome. RCFY is your local resource for information and support. www.rcfy.org email@example.com or 895-7061.
Dismissals - New this year: All changes to student dismissal must be made in writing-signature required. NO changes may be made over the phone. Please plan ahead when dismissing students before the end of the day. Please refrain from calling after 2:00 pm and during dismissal time.
Visitors to the School - Visitors will need to present a photo ID to enter the building and receive a visitor's badge.
Tardies, Absences - Please remember to call the school (603 895-3394 x 1) when your child is going to be tardy or absent and please also send us a note when your student returns so that we can document the absence. We can only excuse those absences that we have a note for which meets the school board criteria for excused absences. You can find more information about this in the IHGMS Student Handbook on the school’s website.
NEW LINK TO PARENT PORTAL https://sau33.powerschool.com/public/