The IHGMS School Counselors support students emotional, social, academic and career awareness needs through individual, group & classroom guidance. Through communication, collaboration, planning, and teamwork we strive to give each student the opportunity for personal growth and the development of life long skills needed to become productive citizens.
- Each student is capable of learning.
- Each student will succeed by engaging in a rigorous and relevant curriculum at his or her appropriate instructional level.
- Our students are our most precious resource.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Students will acquire thinking and problem solving skills that are creative and adaptive for success in the 21st Century and beyond.
- In a school culture that consistently values and communicates high expectations, hard work, a shared vision, and positive attitude.
- We must ensure a safe school environment where each person is valued, challenged, and encouraged.
- Community (parents, families, citizens, & businesses) support is essential to students academic success and personal growth.
- Service to the community engenders pride, ownership, & sense of belonging.
November is "I AM COLLEGE BOUND" month. Please see below links for career and college planning
**Thursday, November 29 - all staff wear a college shirt and you can wear jeans!!
December 19, 20, and 21 - 8th grade students will be creating a 4 year high school planner
January 30 - 8th Grade Open House at 6:00 p.m. at the High School
February 2 - February 10 - 8th Grade Online Registration for High School through Powerschool.
February 20, 2019 - 8th Grade NAEP Testing 9:00 to 11:00 and 12:15 to 2:15
February 18 - March 4 - 7th Grade students register online for 8th grade Unified Arts
- Individual and Group IEP Counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Information and referral to community agencies and assistance programs
- 7th & 8th grade career education through Naviance
- Career Counseling
- Transition planning for 4th grade to middle school
- Transition planning for 8th grade to high school
- Assist in the process and resolution of student, staff, and parent generated bullying & harassment reports.
- Conflict Resolution
Six Ways Parents Can Help to Make the School Year Successful...
- Be positive
- Establish Ground Rules
- Give Responsibilities
- Ask about School
- Make Time
- Get Involved
* Seacoast School of Technology- http://www.seacoasttech.com/
* NH Higher Education Assistance Foundation(NHHEAF)- http://www.nhheaf.org/
* Naviance- http://connection.naviance.com/iber
* O’NET (Career Planning)- http://www.onetonline.org
* Suicide Prevention- http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
* Harassment/Bullying Report Form- http://www.sau33.com/forms.cfm?myForm=13023